Friday, September 01, 2006

It is time

This is it. It's Saturday. Sure, we've had a few games so far. But today is it. Today's first filled slate. From noon to late, there will be college football on somehow, somewhere.

That's why I love this. As explained below, I grew up in the South, which means that college football is something of a religion and is thus everywhere. Being in Atlanta makes it even better - in addition to the weird, 50th-tier SEC game of the week, we also get the crappy 50th-teir ACC game of the week. In fact, here's my schedule for today (games involving DI-A teams only, sorry Grambling @ Hampton; also, network shown is network on GTCN, your mileage may vary):

Before noon: If I'm really motivated, I'll go to the Gameday set. I was on SportsCenter last night, I'll post some pics from the 10pm SC below.
11:30 - Western Kentucky @ UGA (WB)
12:00
--Montana @ Iowa, ESPN
--Vanderbilt @ Michigan, ESPN
--North Texas @ Texas, FSN
3:30
--Rutgers @ UNC, ABC
--Florida Atlantic @ Clemson, ESPN
--Akron @ Penn St., ESPN2
--Lousiana Tech @ Nebraska, FSN
5:30 - California @ Tennessee, ESPN
7:00 (realistcally, I'll be at the stadium by now, but I like this TV listing vibe so I'll roll with it)
--UAB @ Oklahoma, TBS
--Virginia @ Pittsburg, ESPNU
--Utah @ UCLA, FSN
7:45 - Washington St. @ Auburn, ESPN2
8:00 - NOTRE DAME @ GEORGIA TECH, ABC
8:45 - Southern Cal @ Arkansas, ESPN
10:15 - BYU @ Arizona, TBS

Now, some pictures of GameDay's setup at GT, as well as their shoot for Friday (click for a larger view):
Facing southwest, towards the student center. Took this during the afternoon when they were still setting the whole shebang up - notice the screen isn't there. You can also see the top of the Shaft Campinile in the background.

View from Skiles of the Yellow Jacket Park area - this photo faces northwest.

My ultimate destination after the afternoon shots I took. I'm entirely convinced that if everyone on Earth could try a Junior's chicken finger basket, we would finally achieve world peace - they're that good.

This is during the shoot for the 6:00 SportsCenter, when I was actually in the crowd.


I stepped out of the fenced off area for the 10:00 SportsCenter and ESPN Motion takes. If you look closely, you'll notice that Corso is the only one that actually wears a full suit - Fowler is wearing jeans, and yes, Hebie is wearing shorts.

For the 10:00 SC (actually broadcast after the Nevada - Fresno St. game), I did get on TV. I have the screencaps to prove it.

If you want to try to spot me, try opening up the full size version. Good luck.

For now, enjoy the games folks!

No comments: